SOLVED

Make a Excel file with Power Automate in a Microsoft Team

Deleted
Not applicable

Is it possible to use Power Automate for creating a new Excel file from a Template as a trigger with Power Automate in Microsoft Teams?  So every time a work process is started a new excel has to be created in a specific team that comes from a Template. 

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Deleted I don't completely understand what would be your trigger in this case. The next steps should be doable.

1. Store the Excel file template somewhere on SharePoint
  2. Create a Power Automate flow, with your preferred trigger
  3. Use the "Copy file" action in the "SharePoint" connector, point it to your template file from step 1 and enter the destination location (SharePoint document library backing your Teams team).

Teams uses SharePoint for file storage, so you can use the SharePoint connectors for manipulating files in Teams.

Hi @Yannick Reekmans 

Thanks. That is what I want. Copy a Excel file. 

Unfortunately it does not work. Afgeschaft (abolished). afgeschaft.PNG

@Deleted Seems like you are using the wrong action. When I check (in English) it gives me two options, a deprecated one (like your screenshot) but also a new action.

You should be able to use the new one.

CopyFile.PNG

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Deleted I don't completely understand what would be your trigger in this case. The next steps should be doable.

1. Store the Excel file template somewhere on SharePoint
  2. Create a Power Automate flow, with your preferred trigger
  3. Use the "Copy file" action in the "SharePoint" connector, point it to your template file from step 1 and enter the destination location (SharePoint document library backing your Teams team).

Teams uses SharePoint for file storage, so you can use the SharePoint connectors for manipulating files in Teams.

View solution in original post