macOS Catalina Blank Notifications

Copper Contributor

Since updating to Catalina, notification popups from Teams appear as a blank white box until I click on them.

Anyone else seen this behaviour? Any known solution?

Thanks,

Andrew

15 Replies

I have the exact same issue since Catalina's latest minor update (10.15.4).

Is Microsoft aware of the bug?

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

@andrewzahra I also got this issue on the most recent version of the Microsoft Teams client (1.00.304460), updated last Friday. When hovering the notification does show.

@Tibor Kuijssame issue here.

@SunnyLakhiyanMicrosoft is aware of this issue:

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/msteams-docs/issues/1502

Now they have to do something about it...

I also have the same issue. And not only are notifications blank, if I'm on a video call, the blank notification hangs and freezes the video until I click on the notification and get it to populate and then it clears and video starts. Very annoying if you get many notifications during calls. 

just realised this is also happening to me.

Yes same here.  Interesting that the Browser version does not have this issue, just the Teams client.

Yes, I have the same problem here. Very annoying. Hard to believe it's been months and still not resolved.
Spoiler
I have the same issue, glad to hear others are reporting it too.

same problem here. I thought that I don't need to comment since a quick fix was expected. But no, even 4 month later not resolved...

Same issue here @andrewzahra For me though, hover-over will cause the notification banner to change from blank to "normal" (w/ message, sender, etc.)

You're not alone. Same here.

Same problem here, since Catalina. If I mouse over the notification it will show correctly.

It looks like there are only few user with this problem or apple users are using another software.

welp, same here, 7 months later... Should we expect a Christmas present?