Login problems via desktop app and web browser

Copper Contributor

when I want to login with my Microsoft Account to join teams via friends and family. I always get the message: You are not yet on teams, ask your organization to register.

But I'm already registered, because I can enter via the mobile app and I'm able to make video calls. Only not via the desktop app. I need this for my  job interviews etc.

3 Replies

Hi @AnthonyMakkaroni ,

Are you trying to access Teams with a commercial domain account such as outlook.com or an Organisation domain account that is associated with an M365 tenant?

In terms of the Org that shows in the mobile app does it say personal as part of the name?

Thanks

Henry

Hi Henry,

thx for your answer. I’m trying to access with my domain account. On my mobile app everything works with my domain account. Only the desktop app says I’m not registered.

Hi @AnthonyMakkaroni 

Sorry for the delay in responding. I keep thinking on this and the bit that throws me is that you say the account that is in question, is working as expected via the mobile app.

I am thinking that by default the teams desktop app will usually try and authenticate you via your same login as you logged onto your PC. And I can only think that perhaps you possibly have a personal account that has an alias of your work account.

So if this is the case I would go to say outlook.com and ensure that there is no associated with your work account, as if that account was used for Free Teams setup you could encounter this issue.

It might also be worth trying the web version via Teams.Microsoft.com

You could also check out: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_o365admin-mso_teams-mso_o365b/error-at-l...

Thanks

Henry