Login error after deleting Teams "org"

Copper Contributor

I was using Teams Free to host meetings of my local Camera Club since Covid lockdown. It worked fine but the Club has now decided to move to another videoconferencing platform. As I was hosting the Club Team on my personal account (I have Office 365 consumer subscription), I deleted the Camera Club "org" (with great difficulty I had to go through a series of hoops, including removing subscriptions in Azure - which i know nothing about! And then waiting 48 hours). The windows app now tells me "

You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organisation.

If I try to sign up, it takes me to a web page where I click "sign up for Teams Free" and enter my email address. It then asks me to choose whether I want to use Teams for school, family or work. If I choose family it offers me  an android app or Skype. If I choose work/organsations, it takes me to a screen to enter my password. Then it says "Something went wrong, Please try again" (see below).

Enter an email

Something went wrong, Please try again.

We'll use this email to set up Teams. If you already have a Microsoft account, feel free to use that email here.

I tried the Office help chat system but the agent couldn't help and suggested I try this Community. I hope someone can help out.

Thanks

7 Replies

Hello @davidnbull  This is a common question in the community and there are many past posts with various solutions.  Here's the simplest one I found:

Try this out: Use "Chrome" and go for teams.microsoft.com, follow the steps. Once you have created an account using your personal Microsoft email address (Ex. hotmail, live etc.,), then launch the teams app from your desktop or mobile. 

If this doesn't do it for you, you might want to do a search in the community and read the other posts on the subject, like this one:  https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/quot-you-re-not-on-teams-yet-but-you-can-set-... 

Hope this helps....

@ThereseSolimeno Thanks for responding. I have tried the process in Chrome, including incognito. I have already read the other posts which are not quite the same issue as mine and don't work for me. I am still getting the same error message. If I now try to go to Teams.microsoft.com on my usual (Firefox) browser, I am now getting this:

Sign in

Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.

AADSTS90002: Tenant '6b4e5da0-1501-4baa-904b-120adf44798f' not found. This may happen if there are no active subscriptions for the tenant. Check to make sure you have the correct tenant ID. Check with your subscription administrator.

Troubleshooting details
If you contact your administrator, send this info to them.
Copy info to clipboard
Request Id: 74b7273b-12ed-421a-8364-3c565d9e5b00
Correlation Id: 37c5d4fa-31f6-4c07-af31-9213ed63ce5c
Timestamp: 2020-07-16T11:29:38Z
Message: AADSTS90002: Tenant '6b4e5da0-1501-4baa-904b-120adf44798f' not found. This may happen if there are no active subscriptions for the tenant. Check to make sure you have the correct tenant ID. Check with your subscription administrator.
Advanced diagnostics: Enable
If you plan on getting support for an issue, turn this on and try to reproduce the error. This will collect additional information that will help troubleshoot the issue.

I deleted the tenant from my earlier "org" so it is no surprise that this tenant no longer exists. I need to create a new one, but can't see how?

David

@davidnbull I've got the exact same problem here! also didn't found any solution; did u solve your problem? Anyone got a answer?

@Lucas_Duarte- No, I didn't find a solution. I did find that I can use Teams if someone else with an account invites me to a meeting. But to do that I sometimes have to copy and paste the link into my browser rather than just clicking on it. In terms of using a Teams account of my own to set up meetings etc - I still can't do that because of this login issue. No help at all available from Microsoft unfortunately. Any further ideas would be welcome. Meanwhile I am having to use Skype, Zoom, Jitsi or Google Meet if I need to set up a meeting.

Hello everyone, after facing this "can't login after delete problem" i figured out somehow to fix it; i had 2 colleagues accounts that couldn't login after deleting organization, so i wasn't able to add them into my organization and after some attempts i did it.

1. Access with admin e-mail organization (same used to delete org): https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/r#/manageMembership? 
  2. Add member – he’ll be invited as external user;
  3. Check user e-mail and accept invite;
  4. You will be able to login into Teams as a guest member;
  5. In Teams – using admin account: remove user guest from org;
  6. Copy org invite link;
  7. Access the invite link with the user account, fill form and submit;
  8. Go to admin e-mail and approve access (open “accept” link in the new tab)
  9. Teams will open, then approve access;
  10. You will be able to see the user in the org member list;

With admin account, in the Azure Directory you are able to remove members and set someone as an owner;

@Lucas_Duarte 

We're having this issue too and I can't find a resolution.

- We were invited by an org as guests to their teams service to be able to chat with their users.
- They decided to end their service subscription and completely close their entire Microsoft org before removing me as a guest.
- Now when I get any teams invite to a meeting from any other org, every time I log in it gives the error:

Sign in
Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.

AADSTS50020: User account 'email address removed for privacy reasons' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'ACME' and cannot access the application '5e3ce6c0-2b1f-4285-8d4b-75ee78787346'(Microsoft Teams Web Client) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

Troubleshooting details
If you contact your administrator, send this info to them.
Copy info to clipboard
Request Id: 9c1b6596-7d78-40c0-a1d1-5bb0d59a3900
Correlation Id: b55c3382-e683-4465-8395-96432c47ce5b
Timestamp: 2023-06-21T18:25:31Z
Message: AADSTS50020: User account 'email address removed for privacy reasons' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'ACME' and cannot access the application '5e3ce6c0-2b1f-4285-8d4b-75ee78787346'(Microsoft Teams Web Client) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

Flag sign-in errors for review: Enable flagging
If you plan on getting help for this problem, enable flagging and try to reproduce the error within 20 minutes. Flagged events make diagnostics available and are raised to admin attention.

@digiaust I have the same issue after being invited by an org as a guest. I still have not resolved it..