Locking the order of channel videos in a Teams Tab

Copper Contributor

Hi All, 

I have a Companywide channel in Stream with a sequenced of videos sorted by name as I need students to progress through them in order.   Inside Teams, they display in their correct order, but when I add the channel as a Tab in Teams, the order is reversed.  Is there something I'm missing, or is this an issue?  
Thanks for any advice people can offer.
5 Replies
Unfortunately it seems to be an issue since the Stream Tab does not provide a way to order the videos in a channel so you are going to see them with the default order (by popularity if I'm not mistaken)

THank you @Juan Carlos González Martín for the response.
I don't mind Teams keeping the order I set as the default order in the Stream channel, the problem is that if I choose by Name as the criteria for default order it seems to display my videos in ascending order in Streams, but in descending order in Teams.
All other options for ordering are consistent between Teams and Stream, just not Name.  Very frustrating.
Thanks again

@dgree132 have you found any way to do it right now? 2022 and I'm having this problem

@NathanStrapazzon @dgree132 @Juan Carlos González Martín @ThereseSolimeno 

Hey all, 

Hope you are doing well. I'm glad to be back on the Tech Community.  

Stream (Classic) with Companywide Channels is coming to an end soon and moving onto the new Stream on SharePoint experience. This is how we achieve what you want on the new experience I just tested it tonight

1.) Upload the video files to a SharePoint Site underneath a team (into the document library). Make sure all the files have a common name (I.e. Course | Video 1, 2, 3 etc.)

2.) Add the SharePoint Site to Teams as a Tab

3.) Clear everything off the SharePoint Site and edit the site to only one column

4.) Use a Highlighted Content Web Part

5.) Use a Custom Query Filter

6.) Source: This site only (Or all sites if you have content spread around the tenant)

7.) Use KQL as follows: filetype:mp4 filename:Course

8.) Sort by the FileName Managed Property Descending

This is what it looks like

ChristopherHoard_0-1654029944045.png

Hope you like it and it answers your question. Exactly how you want it :D

Best, Chris