Live events in Teams preview error when producing event

Copper Contributor

Hi I have a problem when acting as a producer for a Live event in Teams the preview on the live event side of the production view stopped working soon after the event went live with a error message saying "Preview isn't available", this is obviously a major issue when you can not see what you are sending live.

The event had three producers in different locations and this happened to all of us, we had a total of ten presenters and I know the teams client says it will only display up to nine live video feeds at once but that dose not explain why the live preview went blank. The attached image is a mock-up of what happened.

Can someone help please

5 Replies

We conduct live events multiple times a week and noticed this issue a on an event yesterday.  Is it related to an outage or known issue?

I have the same issue today, the event was not live yet, i cant see any camera so i cant start the event. I have to schedule another event and change the link to the attendees, any suggestion? @Patrick_twelftree 

I had the same issue yesterday 14:00-17:00 GMT, seems to be ok today

Hi,

I had this today.

I was the only Producer and had 16 presenters. Initially the Live Event screen was working fine.

I then noticed someone had messaged me in Chat so switched away to that, it was someone requesting the link so I sent it to them. I then switched back to the Producer view and the Live screen was no longer working.

I know that when over 9 or 10 presenters I don't see their video feed. That's fine. I could see most people in the preview and when they were queued up to go live next. It's just the live screen that showed nothing other than "Preview is unavailable" for the rest of the event. Even when I shared a Powerpoint presentation, that wasn't in the liv side of the screen.

All participants saw the feed properly, it was just me as the Producer that couldn't actually see what I was putting out there. It's very unnerving.

This isn't the first time I've had this problem. I'd love some official feedback or a fix.

This same issue happened to our team yesterday. Did you ever find out the cause or a solution? It was very unnerving during an event with over 2000 attendees.

@Al_McKinnon