SOLVED

Live Events Access

Brass Contributor

If my company is going to hold an online conference, would Microsoft Teams Live Events be a good platform?  Does is have the ability to limit those that paid for the events to join and preventing sharing of the live event link.  We normally hold in person meeting but with COVID19 looking to move to online platform.  All thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks

1 Reply
best response confirmed by BikeTech (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

It is one link per meeting, so once that is shared they can share it to others. It is possible to create a Live Event where you invite Teams users and Teams guests, but that will require all participants to have a account and signing in to your tenant and I think that won't be good solution.

So if you are okay with the risk that users share the link with others, then it could be a good platform for you.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by BikeTech (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

It is one link per meeting, so once that is shared they can share it to others. It is possible to create a Live Event where you invite Teams users and Teams guests, but that will require all participants to have a account and signing in to your tenant and I think that won't be good solution.

So if you are okay with the risk that users share the link with others, then it could be a good platform for you.

View solution in original post