Live event error: 'Failed to execute "Send Live" command. Please try again later.'

Copper Contributor

Hi.

Our producer team have had this error show in a few Live events.  For example this morning Producer A could not send a presenter live, but Producer B could.  Later on in the event Producer A could again send presenters live.  Screenshot attached.

I spoke to the producer who had issues and nothing else in Teams or the event was having issues.  video and audio was good quality, so I don't think it was network related.   I'm wondering what I would look for in a logfile to see if the client logged any errors.

Teams Live events are really good and have been a great way to reach our customers during Covid-19 restrictions, but this and the guest presenter experience are holding it back from being a really great platform

9 Replies

@Timothy White Two of the producers of a live event at our organisation also experienced the same error during a Live Event yesterday. At one point, neither producer was able to select a different presenter.

Also during the Live Event, several attendees who were using the Teams client on an iPhone, lost sound.

I has the exact same issue too in my last Live event. It almost ended up a disaster but i was able to make a success out of it.

The error failed to execute "Send Live command. Please try again kept preventing me from switching from one presenter to another... it could be failing for next 10 to 15 seconds and then later on will connect by itself again.

It would be great to have a resource at microsoft look into this and be helpful with a solution.

Hi George

When was your last Live Event? Both Timothy and I have had users report this problem on 08 July 2020.

Hello @Kalpesh_UK @Timothy White @GeorgeD1 

I've seen that happen but was told it was an internal issue.  You might want to open a ticket at the answers.microsoft.com tech support site for more personalized responses.

Hi did anyone have any joy with an answer to this? Had the same issue yesterday on live event

@L_464 This happened last Friday 16 OCt 2020 at a Live Event I was producing.  a 4 hour event with 12 presenters with shared desktops/presentations. During 1 session, with 1 of the presenters when I tried to move the content and Video from the Queue Window to the Live Window got the error message 'Failed to execute "Send Live" command. Please try again later' tried several times. I then pulled up my backup version of the presentation, shared that, which worked, The Presenter saw that his presentation was no longer being shared and redid his share.  This time I was able to move his content to the Live window with no issues.

david

I've just experienced the same issue during a training on the 28th of October 2020 at 17:00 CET.
Is there any solution out yet?
I solved the problem by restarting Teams an logging in again to start the event.

I'd appreciate help to prevent this in the future.

got the error above and have tried logging out of Teams and back and starting the live event but still same error message, is there a solution? or is there another work around I can try?