SOLVED

Lists tab: Incident template - apply label everywhere

Steel Contributor

Hi everyone,

i just tried out MS Lists for managing security incidents. But if i want to enter any details it seems that i can "apply label" for every field.

StephanGee_0-1599203818897.png

I think that is a bit overhelming for a user. One apply label (or maybe two - extra for the attachment) would be ok i think. Anyone else experiencing this?

best regards

Stephan

6 Replies

Hi @StephanGee,

I'm having the same problem. Can't find the settings to turn it off. 

@StephanGee  I am also having this exact same issue. The retention label column behaves normally in SharePoint and in the Lists web application, but this bug occurs whenever I create a new list item in the Lists for Teams app.

@ChrisMenningNWTC 

We are "using" the basic retention labels that MS provided some time ago. Do you have customized retention labels?

I have no time at the moment to open up a support case as it is more a cosmetic problem and we receive no support calls on it.

I am indeed using some custom retention labels. I opened a support case with Microsoft a week ago. After four calls with them, they've reproduced the bug and have confirmed that this is indeed a design issue and not anything to do with how we've configured our retention labels. Unfortunately, the MS rep I spoke with was not able to point me toward any official bug reporting area and instead had me create a User Voice issue. I'm not thrilled about that because I've seen many legitimate User Voice issues go un-resolved for years. But in case you're interested, here's the User Voice: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/41350018-teams-retention-...

@ChrisMenningNWTC  I am seeing the same problem too. Initially when you set up the list it seems OK. However as soon as I add a new item the for each field I enter data in to is adding another 'Apply label' field.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi,

Found a temporary solution. Remove/disable the retention policy. It removed the Apply Lable drop down menu altogether. However, check that the retention policy is not a requirement for your organisation under GDPR.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi,

Found a temporary solution. Remove/disable the retention policy. It removed the Apply Lable drop down menu altogether. However, check that the retention policy is not a requirement for your organisation under GDPR.

View solution in original post