SOLVED

List Item Conversation Doesn't Display with Custom Form

Copper Contributor

I really love the Lists functionality in Teams.  The Conversation feature is very helpful for collaboration.

However, I'd like to be able to use that with a custom Power Apps form.  When I activate that form, it opens in a side panel and doesn't give the option to display the item conversation.

This may be just a matter of my ignorance, but is there a way to use both a custom PowerApps form and the Teams Conversation functionality?

View without custom form (Conversation available)

SHICaitlin_0-1600973300580.png

View with custom form (Conversation not available)

SHICaitlin_2-1600973393844.png

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
So the list comments actually ride on the same backend that the document comments run on so unfortunately they can’t be tapped into from your power app form since they are stored in azure somewhere I assume.

If you want to use something similar you would have to build a comment system in your PowerApp utilizing a comments list with a column for listitemid to store the ID with the comment so you can add comments. Some work but doable.

Anyway TLDR is no you cannot currently. Good uservoice item thou!

@Chris Webb Thank you!  This is very helpful!

My team really likes being able to have a convo and @ people from within the list item comments vs a dedicated comment column since it integrates well with how we're leveraging Teams elsewhere, so I guess I'll have to have them balance that convenience vs. some of the functionality in my customized form.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
So the list comments actually ride on the same backend that the document comments run on so unfortunately they can’t be tapped into from your power app form since they are stored in azure somewhere I assume.

If you want to use something similar you would have to build a comment system in your PowerApp utilizing a comments list with a column for listitemid to store the ID with the comment so you can add comments. Some work but doable.

Anyway TLDR is no you cannot currently. Good uservoice item thou!

View solution in original post