SOLVED

LIMITS WITH SIMULTANEOUS MEETINGS IN MICROSOFT TEAMS

Copper Contributor

Is there a certain limitation with the number of meetings a user can initiate in a team in MS Teams? I am comparing the behavior experienced by my client to my own organization. Client's team is composed of several channels, each channel consisting of different members. Client was able to initiate 3 meetings (through Meet now) and on the 4th try, he will receive the error message attached. On my end, I was able to initiate 4 meetings and will receive the error on the 5th try. I am also curious what can be the factor regarding the difference with the behavior we experienced.

4 Replies
Teams limits are documented here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/limits-specifications-teams and there is not a limit in regards of the number of meetings a user can start

@Juan Carlos González Martín Thank you for checking. Have you tried this on your end? This is for simultaneous meeting. I have checked the link you provided before and it does not include limits set for simultaneous meeting for a user. There should be a limit that was set as we are showing the error messages.

Yes, our users are reporting pretty much the same problem - which I can't find an answer to anywhere on the Microsoft Tech sites...

Our Teams typically have 5 Channels, an Owner can simultaneously facilitate a video call in 4 of those channels, they need to jump in an out of each of these calls, to check on progress in each Channel - when they come to try initiating the 5th call - no dice.

IS there a limit on the number of Channel video calls one person can facilitate at any one time?

Can't see any documentation anywhere on Microsoft sites.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@ColHawksworth You can only be active in one meeting at the time and have three other meetings on hold. If you like to join a fifth meeting you first have to leave one of the other meetings. The meetings will of course continue and you are able to join again at a later stage (provided you don't exceed the limit mentioned above).

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@ColHawksworth You can only be active in one meeting at the time and have three other meetings on hold. If you like to join a fifth meeting you first have to leave one of the other meetings. The meetings will of course continue and you are able to join again at a later stage (provided you don't exceed the limit mentioned above).

View solution in original post