SOLVED

Limiting channels to specific team members

Highlighted
New Contributor

Is there any way to control which channels within a team each team member has access to? Or is it a free for all if you're a member of that team?

64 Replies
Highlighted

I see the option when I go to create a new channel, but I don't see a way to change the settings of an existing channel.  IS there any way to do that?

I also don't see a way to take a private channel and change it to a public channel...

Highlighted

@Mike Boehm There is currently no way to change a normal channel to a private channel. Since the functionality in a normal channel is different from the private channel I don't think it will be possible at all.

Highlighted

@Tony Wilson Do you see the option to create private channels now? I have been trying to create a private channel and I don't see the option to do so at all. I'm also updated to the most recent version 1.3.00.2160

Highlighted

@alavios When you create your channel select the privacy of private and then add who can see the channel.

Highlighted

@Kristi Prozialeck Hi Kristi — I don't see the option to make a channel private at all. Whether I try to make a channel private when I first add a channel or after the channel has been created and I click on the "..."