SOLVED

Limit who in your organization can create private Teams

Copper Contributor

I would like to be able to limit the users in the Company who can create a private Team without limiting who can create a Team.

We have some users who want to make all their teams private, which seem to me to be counter to the intent of Teams and open collaboration.  Certainly some teams need to be private, but not all.

Is anyone else running into this issue and if so how are you handling it.

Thanks

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
If you’re talking about Private “teams” there’s no policy for this unfortunately. Although discovering private teams is in preview so that will give users the ability to see private teams and have the ability to request membership.

You can accomplish this if you build your own teams creation workflow! Then you can set up the teams anyway you want them.

Adam

@adam deltinger Interesting thought.  I am pretty new to Teams.  How would something like that work?

Someone who wanted to create a Team would make a request?  I guess that request would need to be from within a Team - possibly the whole organization Team?

Gary

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
If you’re talking about Private “teams” there’s no policy for this unfortunately. Although discovering private teams is in preview so that will give users the ability to see private teams and have the ability to request membership.

You can accomplish this if you build your own teams creation workflow! Then you can set up the teams anyway you want them.

Adam

View solution in original post