SOLVED

Left hand navigation disappeared for one user? How to collapse and expand?

Brass Contributor

One of our users has 'lost' their left hand panel which shows them their list of teams / chats etc?  How does this panel expand / collapse?

They have the left hand main navigation (purple panel showing Chat / Teams / Calendar etc) but when they select either Chat or Teams, they have no way of seeing their list of chats or teams.

Can someone help? 

12 Replies

@SarahTurner Hi Sarah - we're having the same problem. Any chance you figured out what the issue was?

Best,

Gayle

@Gayle_Robinson No sadly not!  It's just one user and despite a lot of Googling, I can't find anyone who had reported the same issue. 

Anyone have a solution for this yet? We are having the same issue with a user. 

@SarahTurner 

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@SarahTurner We found out what was wrong. She had her screen set to zoom in more than 100%.

Ooh interesting - the browser zoom or her display settings out of interest?

@SarahTurner It was her display settings. She was using the desktop app.

@SarahTurner 

Confirmed it has to do with a Zoom setting. This issues happened to me from using CTRL + Mouse Wheel up while in the teams chat. CTRL + Mouse Wheel Down resolved it by zooming back out. I hope this helps others looking for the cause and a specific fix.

@JBeddz 

In my case I had unknowingly resized the desktop app's window to just slightly narrower than the threshold for auto-collapse. If the window is wide enough, the sidebar stays open on its own; if it's too narrow then the sidebar collapses when it's not being interacted with.

If it is NOT the zoom setting (try ctrl-mousewheel), it is a rare bug which effect is only negated by restarting your device. App session (and perhaps screen cache?) will then be reset which normally solves the problem.

It's for sure the display settings, but I need the display zoomed in because I have a vision disability.  When I zoom out to normal, I cannot read anything.  It's annoying that MS hasn't yet fixed this bug.  There needs to be a UI function to expand the sidebar.  MS needs to more fully accommodate users with visual disabilities.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@SarahTurner We found out what was wrong. She had her screen set to zoom in more than 100%.

View solution in original post