Large Meeting

Copper Contributor

We are running a large meeting very close to the specs of what is allowed for a meeting (300).   We plan to schedule the initial meeting with only the presenters added. 

Then, for the rest of the participants, we will be sharing the open access link for the meeting - those using this will be a 50% mix of 'in organisation' and externals (some of whom will log in with their own Teams licence).

Can anyone foresee any issues with this?

Any considerations?

Many thanks for help/thoughts!

2 Replies

Hello, this is actually about to roll out (1000 participants) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=65951

When it comes to any issues I would just take a closer look at the meeting options for this instance, meaning the lobby settings (who can enter automatically) and the meeting roles (attendee vs presenter) and also verify if anonymous users should be able to join and if the settings is enabled as well https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/meeting-settings-in-teams#allow-anonymous-users-to-j...

Roles in a Teams meeting - Office Support (microsoft.com)

Change participant settings for a Teams meeting - Office Support (microsoft.com)

@ChristianBergstrom 

Thanks so much for helping out!  Much appreciated.   We'll ensure to investigate roles and the lobby in detail.

I'm assuming our organisation allows anonymous users to join meetings as I'm able to pop a test meeting link into an incognito window and join on the Web, just entering a name. 

Later in the day, we need participants to have the flexibility to choose sessions they want to attend.  So, we have only added a presenter and the organiser to the scheduled meeting and everyone else will be getting a schedule with a list of meetings with links.  This seemed to work really well in testing.  Again, any issues?  We're worried with so many people joining by the open access links that Teams might not like it! (We've never run anything this way before!)

Again, thanks so much for you help!