Large Gallery not working

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm a teacher using Teams. Outside of a few issues with Teams that need to be added ASAP, I had a major issue in that I could not use Large Gallery today. I planned to have my students take a quiz, and when clicking Large Gallery, nothing changed. I exited out of the meeting, same issue. Exited again, same issue. I restarted my computer, same issue. The next period I tried again, the same issue. I then tried Together Mode, same issue, nothing changed.

I don't understand how this could have happened. I went through class as normal, all students had their webcams on. If this is a glitch, it's definitely not acceptable. There needs to be a scroll function on "Gallery" so we don't NEED to use Large Gallery if things go wrong. 

Also things Teams needs to fix

• Aforementioned Scrolling in Gallery
  • Ability to delete student posts (A student posted solutions in our team posts, I could not delete it )
  • Weighted Grading
  • Posting Files to multiple classes
  • Ability to post Powerpoint presentations without them being editable by students (yes, I changed permissions)
  • Ability to organize Assignments into folders (and to mass create folders for different periods).

Things Microsoft Forms needs to fix

• Ability to add images to multiple choice CHOICES, not just the original question.
  • Ability to zoom into images
  • Ability to view student progress if not turned in

Things Microsoft Class Notebook needs to do

• Ability to mass delete student sections
  • Ability for online users to create new sub-pages, and anything that right-click on the program does.
  •  

While I find Teams to be better than G. Classroom, Teams is nowhere good enough as a teaching platform. It needs to be far better since it is expensive.

3 Replies

.@Nick_Hale  Our whole school is unable to use the large gallery both yesterday and today. I agree that this unacceptable. We are meeting with young kids Prek3-4th grade and we NEED to see those faces. I can't find anything on Microsoft that is addressing this.

I hope it comes back soon!

I have the same issue.  Large Gallery had been working before.  I updated the Settings to allow the new teams experience.  Then today, I was in a meeting with 11 people, tried to select Large Gallery, only now it showed as Large Gallery (Preview).  When I selected it, the screen still showed only 9 people and the video quality decreased/was fuzzy.  When I returned to regular Gallery view, the video was crisp and clear again.

This happened today, 8/25/2020 between 9:30-11 AM eastern.

Was there an update recently?

Thanks,

Christine

Same here. Yesterday it worked fine. Today some users have the option. Others no.