Joining Teams Meeting on MULTIPLE Devices Bug

Copper Contributor

Hi, I am using the Microsoft Teams Free version and I understand that we can join a Teams Meeting on multiple devices. Before the recent release of raise hand and easy access to meeting options during a meeting features, I am able to maintain my role as the meeting organiser at the meeting. This would gives me the privilege to the end meeting for all.

However, ever since the release of these new features, there seems to be some bug where my role becomes an attendee when I join on my 2nd device (it clearly indicate that I joined as attendee on my 2nd device). 

Is anyone facing the same issue as me? 

It would be much appreciated if Microsoft is able to resolve these issue ASAP. 

Thank you. 

2 Replies

@Simple2020   are you the meeting organizer or you initiated the meeting from your first device and now login on your 2nd device, as far as the meeting is concerned these new changes should not affect the meeting organizers unless there is a change in the attending meeting using the free versions of Microsoft Teams which is not being announced yet.

I am the meeting organiser and have initiated the meeting from my first device and made a concurrent login on my second device to the same meeting.

This used to be not an issue until about 2 weeks ago. Upon login on my second device, the label “organiser” disappeared from my name during the meeting.