SOLVED

Join or create a team: List for teams

Copper Contributor

Hello ,

does anyone know how the list of Teams works in "Join or create a  team" menu ?

We got a question from the end user, that she only sees very few teams on the list compared to her colleague which is in same team as her.

As her, colleague, I see 23 teams on the list, whereas the end user only sees 8 teams or so.

Is the list of team suggested by her organizational affiliation, delve or something else? 

widehorizon_0-1593162609184.png

2 Replies
best response confirmed by widehorizon (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi @widehorizon

See string here

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/public-channel-visibility-issues-for-users/m-...

This has come up a few times past in the Tech Community. The population of the visibility of public teams is seeded by the graph. If you don't see them it's recommended to leverage the search bar at the top and start typing in a Team name. If this isn't a good workaround for the user then would recommend raising a ticket on it

Hope that helps and answers your question

Best, Chris
Thanks Chris.
if it is Graph based, then I guess it will change over time what the user will see due to accumulated interactions, and it would be different for each user.

It may be that the users colleague have been using Microsoft 365 more than the user.
We will see if the user can search for some of the groups I see.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards
Rin
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by widehorizon (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi @widehorizon

See string here

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/public-channel-visibility-issues-for-users/m-...

This has come up a few times past in the Tech Community. The population of the visibility of public teams is seeded by the graph. If you don't see them it's recommended to leverage the search bar at the top and start typing in a Team name. If this isn't a good workaround for the user then would recommend raising a ticket on it

Hope that helps and answers your question

Best, Chris

View solution in original post