Join now button on to do bar in outlook

Brass Contributor

I use Outlook desktop to schedule meetings in teams.

I have noticed that sometimes in the to do bar to the far right in outlook, sometimes these show up with a "Join Now" button and some times nothing?  I cannot figure out how to get that button to always appear to join a meeting.

Thanks,

Terry

5 Replies

Hi @Mattw112 ,

Would you mind sharing a screen shot just so I can visualise the area of concern?

Also are there any differences between the type of meetings that do have the Join and those that don't. I am thinking not but just thought if one is say a scheduled meeting not bound to the Channel of a Team, another one that is bound to a Channel of a Team etc.

Also are you able to get the version of the Microsoft Apps for Enterprise, AKA Office Pro Plus? I ask because a lot of the Teams functionality in Outlook is normally provided by way of an Add-In supplied as part of the Office installation. So whilst it is not clear cut in that it sometimes shows and others it does not, it would be good to confirm version when I compare.

Thanks

Henry

Thanks

Henry

here's Outlook.  Again, some of these meetings are set up exactly (as far as I know) the same.  So not sure why some get the join online button and others dont.

Screenshot 2020-10-06 115807.pngTeams join button issue.png

Any ideas? Anyone else get this?

Join button in outlook for some teams meetings and not on others?

Thanks,

Terry

@Mattw112 Any update on this? I'm wondering the same? 

@Mattw112 Did you get resolution on this?  I'm actually trying to do the opposite and turn them off on invites that are not for online meetings.