Jabra Evolve 75 UC Mute/Unmute Sync Issue With Teams 1.5.00.22362 (8/26/22)

Copper Contributor

I am having a problem with the Jabra Evolve 75 UC where moving the boom arm up (mute) and down (unmute) works at a hardware level but does not stay in sync with the mute/unmute status in MS Teams.  It doesn't fail 100% of the time, it is about 50/50 being in sync to not in sync.

Means that if I want to talk on a call I can't just lower the boom arm down, I also have to check what the mute status is in Teams and manually click on the unmute button so that the software and the hardware are in sync.  It is terribly distracting for my calls, having to worry about the mute status in the software being different from the hardware.

This started happening in August 2022, though I can't be sure it first became an issue with the MS Teams 1.5.00.22362 release.  Here is more information on the versions of things.

• Computer: MacBook Pro, 16-inch, 2021 (M1)
  • Running Jabra Direct version 6.3.22201.  Preferred Softphone is set to Microsoft Teams in Jabra Direct settings.
  • Jabra Evolve 75 UC with firmware version 2.38.0
  • Jabra Link 370 with firmware version 1.87.0

I have tried unpairing the Jabra Evolve 75 from the Jabra Link 370 and then re-pairing them.  No change to the observed issue and MS Teams is still out of sync with the mute status of the hardware about 50% of the time.

I have tried connecting the Jabra Evolve 75 directly via bluetooth instead of through the Jabra Link dongle.  No change to the issue.

I have tried a USB wired connection for the Jabra Evolve 75. This does seem to improve the frequency of how often the mute in MS Teams is in sync with the hardware to about 75% working and 25% failure, but even at 25% failure this is a problem.

I have tried killing the Teams app and restarting it.  I have tried killing the Jabra Direct app and restarting it.  I have tried rebooting the Mac.  The issue remains.

Also note that this all works perfectly in the Zoom application.  100% of the time the Zoom mute status is fully in sync with the mute status of the Evolve 75 headset.  Raise the boom arm on the headset, Zoom shows mute is applied.  Lower the boom arm on the headset, Zoom shows mute is not applied.

I realize the headset is the UC and not the MS version, but this issue with the software mute status not being in sync with the hardware mute status was not a problem over the 18 months.  It seems like this mute sync issue started sometime in August 2022.

34 Replies

I have also tried disabling all audio processing features in Teams by disabling:

• Automatically adjust mic sensitivity
  • Noise Suppression
  • High fidelity music mode, which also disables Enable echo cancellation

I rebooted the Mac after changing these settings.  No change to the issue.

I have also validated that the issue where the software mute status in Teams is in sync with the hardware mute status of the Evolve 75 UC only about 50% of the time remains even if the Zoom application is not running on the computer.

I too am having this issue. Newer M1 mac, same software versions. @harmonjeff 

@harmonjeff and others. I have a similar issue with the Jabra Evolve 75 UC and Teams since last week. Running on Windows 10 but no software updates have been installed (not for MSTeams, Jabra, Windows) recently. Everything worked just fine.

Now the headset and Teams interact 'weirdly'. Some examples: in the middle of a call I'm put on pause without a clear cause. Sometimes triggered when someone types a message in the chat but not always. The option to mute myself by lifting the mic doesn't work or mutes both mic and speakers. A test call in Settings starts up, the screen flickers and after a couple of seconds the call is terminated without even hearing the result. No clue which component is causing this.

Windows Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044

Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.21668 (64-bit). It was last updated on 19/08/2022

Jabra Direct Version: 6.3.22201

Jabra Evolve 75 Firmware version: 2.38.0

Jabra Link 370 Firmware version: 1.87.0

Restarts, reinstallations have not helped at all. And just like Jeff posted, no problems with Zoom.

Hi people , same issues with teams and Zoom and the reinstallation have not changed something.
Someone have an update about this behavior ?
I have a support ticket open with Logitech on this issue. They have had me try a number of things, none has made a difference. The latest was to use the button at the top of the right ear cup to mute/unmute. Same behavior where it seems to be in sync with the software mute status in Teams about 50% of the time (or worse).

Outside of that, I have had no updates.

I have the same issue...
If you have any solution, could you please share ?

thanks

I have no solution thus far. Jabra has said they are working on this and to watch out for new versions of Teams and/or drivers from Jabra. So far nothing. Mid-October and the issue remains exactly the same for me.

Here at the end of November the issues remain exactly the same. There have been a couple of updates to the Jabra and MS Teams software. None of them have changed anything. The hardware mute status (boom arm up) is not in sync with the software mute status in Teams more than 40-50% of the time.

As of January 4 this issue remains exactly the same. Multiple updates to Jabra Direct and MS Teams and the problem remains. The boom arm properly mutes and unmutes in Zoom just as it has all along but the software mute status in MS Teams is only in sync with the position of the boom arm on the headset about 50% or less of the time.

This issue persists with all of the drivers, firmware, and software are at their most current versions:
- Link 370 with firmware version 1.87.0
- Jabra Evolve 75 with firmware version 2.38.0
- Jabra Direct version 6.5.31801
- Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.33356
I heard back from Jabra tech support today. They believe the issue is the Link 370 and are sending me a Link 380 to see if it solves the problem. I will report back here one way or the other.

I received the Jabra Link 380 that Jabra support sent me. Updated it to the latest firmware. Have done a test meeting with just myself and it seems like this might actually have fixed the issue! Not ready to declare total victory yet, want to go a week or two with real meetings.

I got myself in a Teams meeting and the software status of the mute was 100% in sync with the location of the boom arm on the Jabra Evolve 75 UC. Raise the boom, Teams mutes. Lower the boom, Teams unmutes. Just like it always has done in Zoom, it now also seems to do that 100% of the time in Teams.

• Link 380 with firmware version 1.16.0
  • Jabra Evolve 75 UC (not Teams edition) with firmware version "2.38.0 (Value Pack 2)"
  • Jabra Direct version 6.5.31801
  • Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.33356

Incidentally, when I first paired the Jabra Evolve 75 with the Link 380, Jabra Direct said that for both Zoom and Teams the Jabra Evolve 75 was "Not Ready". After I went into teams and set it up to be used for both the audio and the mic for Teams the software reported it was "Ready" for Microsoft Teams.

Will report back here within 2 weeks to let everyone know for sure if the replacement of the Link 370 with the Link 380 dongle fixes this issue that has plagued me since August of 2022.

Day 1: Zero issues today across multiple Teams meetings with the boom controlling the mute status in Teams. Amazing how such a little thing can have so much impact.  It is looking very likely that replacing the Link 370 with the Link 380 entirely resolves the issue.

• Link 380 with firmware version 1.16.0 (instead of the Link 370)
  • Jabra Evolve 75 UC (not Teams edition) with firmware version "2.38.0 (Value Pack 2)"

Day 3: I haven't had a single issue with the hardware mute of the Jabra Evolve 75 UC being out of sync with the mute status in the Teams application since replacing the Link 370 dongle with the Link 380 dongle. 

However, twice now I have started meetings where everyone could hear me but I couldn't hear anyone.  Took restarting Teams for me to hear everyone in the meeting.  Both times it was the first meeting of the day.

I will continue to test things for the next couple of weeks.

Day 5: Still not a single issue with the hardware mute status of the Evolve 75 UC being out of sync with the software mute status in Teams.  Raising the boom arm on the headset mutes Teams, lowering it unmutes.  Happens every time.

Also glad to report that I haven't had any issues the past two days in hearing the others on the call. Everything is working much better at this point:

Day 9: Since replacing the Link 370 with the Link 380 I have had zero issues with the hardware mute status on the Evolve 75 UC being in sync with the software mutes status in Microsoft Teams.  I think I have attended at least 50 meetings and logged close to 6 hours or say per day.

However, I have seen today again the issue where everyone else on the call could hear me but I could not hear them.  Switching the audio settings in Teams to the internal mic/speaker made it so that I could hear them and then switching back to the Link 380 they could again hear me but I couldn't hear them.  This time leaving the meeting and restarting MS Teams did not work.  This seems like a concerning issue at this point as it has happened 3 times in the 9 days I have been trying the Link 380.

• MacOS Ventura

Day 14: Great news! The original issue seems fully resolved.  Ever since switching out the Jabra Link 370 dongle to the Jabra Link 380 dongle I have never had the hardware mute status of the Jabra Evolve 75 UC not match the software mute status of Microsoft Teams.  Nothing else was changed, just switched the Jabra Link 370 out with a Jabra Link 380.

The bad news is I have now had 5 different times over the past 14 days where the meeting participants in Microsoft teams could hear me through the mic on the Jabra Evolve 75 via the link 380 dongle, but I couldn't hear any of them.

I don't know that I have come to a solution for the problem.  Here are some things I have tried that I have NOT seen solve the problem (all of these solutions fail to fix the problem):

• In the device options of Teams, switching the speaker device from Link 380 to MacBook speaker (which does make me hear the others on the call through the speaker of the MacBook), then switching back to Link 380.
  • Leave the Teams meeting and rejoin without closing Teams
  • Leave the Teams meeting, quite Teams, launch Teams, join the meeting

Besides a reboot of the MacBook, the one other thing I have seen work one time now has been to change the microphone in device settings in Teams. When I changed that to the MacBook microphone then changed it back to the Link 380 I started to hear the other participants in the meeting.

I think this may solve the problem reliably.  All 5 times this has occurred I switch to using the speakers and mic of the MacBook so that I could participate in the meeting.  The first 4 times I didn't connect that changing to the MacBook speaker and mic made the Link 380 function correction as both a speaker and a mic in Teams.  Only on the 5th incident did I try that specifically and see it work.

This seems like another bug with the Link 380 and how it functions with Teams. Just like the mute/unmute status, I have never seen this issue (not hearing the participants in the meeting even though they could hear me) in Zoom.  Perhaps it is time to start a new thread with that as the description and start a new support case with Jabra.

As I close up this thread, here is the version information where everything related to the original problem seem fully resolved:

• MacOS Ventura

Hi@harmonjeff which link380 do you use? (usb-a or -c)