SOLVED

Issues with Teams - Unable to Call and the Audio Device details don't get picked up

Copper Contributor

Dear All,

I need your help. I have attached some screenshots for your reference.

I am unable to call/attend any teams calls because of this error.

I have tried sign-out, quit options, reinstall (deleting the cache, folders etc), but this error keeps cropping up. After uninstall, usually, the first attempt allows me to call others because the device is picked up but after sometime it simply goes back to the state as shown in the screenshots.

Please can you advise?

Regards,

Pavan

9 Replies

Hi, I just wanted to add that there are no issues joining the teams calls from the brower. Thanks!

@Pavan8785 have you tried from another PC with your username or had another user log  in as you ? try and remove and reinstall the teams client as well

@Willjmoo Thanks for responding. I use a company provided laptop. We have a (security) restriction that one user can access this from a laptop configured for that user. For instance, I cannot login to teams (using the org credentials) from my personal laptop.

So, before I uninstall, I sign out, quit Teams, uninstall, remove residual files within Appdata (Local, Roaming) and also remove the Teams detail in the registry editor. I then do a reinstall.

The first time after I install, it recognizes the audio device and for some reason thereafter, it disappears and doesnt let me call/join calls.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Pavan8785 : Did you checked your computer memory ,disk space and default Audio settings . Is your sound settings is properly configured in windows ?

Please find attached screenshot for quick check.

@Sanjiv_kumar 

Thanks Sanjiv for responding.

Apologies, I couldn't respond yesterday. My Teams is running but I cant see the app  in the Device details list. Please see attached.

I use an 8GB RAM laptop and my C drive has 107GB more.

I am still facing the same issue.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi @Pavan8785 ,

Seems your windows 10 update is still pending , You have to check the update.

Steps is as below.

1. Select Start  > Settings  > Update & Security  > Windows Update   > Check for updates.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • If the status says "You're up to date, go to the next tip. 
    • If the status says "Updates are available," select Install now. 
  3.  Select the updates you want to install, then select Install.
  4.  Restart your PC and see if your sound is working properly

Once done with the update , reset the app volume and device preferences. Screenshot attached.

@Sanjiv_kumar Thanks Sanjiv. I did as suggested. My windows seem to be upto date. Please see attached. I have restarted but no luck! Thanks for your pateince.

Hi @Pavan8785 ,

Did you able to test this with other device , some other headphone , 

@Sanjiv_kumar Sorry for the delay. I tried another device and the issue persists. I had asked the admins to check if there were any new windows updates and they have verified and there are none. The system is upto date. I am having to reinstall Microsoft teams (after unistalling cleanly) everyday to have the audio detected. I am unable to understand what is causing the app to "un-detect" the audio devices.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Pavan8785 : Did you checked your computer memory ,disk space and default Audio settings . Is your sound settings is properly configured in windows ?

Please find attached screenshot for quick check.

View solution in original post