SOLVED

Issues with Meetings

Copper Contributor

Hello

I have successfully been using Teams for quite some time now in an education context and also a business context. I have two O365 accounts, 1 education and 1 business.

I am used to swapping between the two accounts (signing in and out etc.) however last week I started having intermittent issues with meetings that i have set up. The issue is that is does not recognise me as the owner of the meeting and it puts me into the lobby!    

I have checked that i set up the invitation from the same account that i am trying to access the meeting from - this is not the issue.

Obviously this is a problem as nobody else can join the meeting either :(

It is not happening on every meeting e.g. Tuesday it happened, Wednesday was fine and then again this morning.

Any ideas what i can try? 

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Sarah_Snowdon,

I believe it must be caused by some kind of a corruption with Teams cache. I'd suggest to clear Teams cache first by using the script linked below:  

https://github.com/ljr55555/clearMSTeamsCache/blob/master/clearTeamsCache.ps1

You can open a Windows PowerShell ISE window in your PC, copy-paste the script in there, and run it. If it solves the problem, you might consider doing something like using Teams desktop app for one account and web app in a browser for the other in order to prevent conflicts and corruptions in the future.

Regards,  

Burak V.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Sarah_Snowdon,

I believe it must be caused by some kind of a corruption with Teams cache. I'd suggest to clear Teams cache first by using the script linked below:  

https://github.com/ljr55555/clearMSTeamsCache/blob/master/clearTeamsCache.ps1

You can open a Windows PowerShell ISE window in your PC, copy-paste the script in there, and run it. If it solves the problem, you might consider doing something like using Teams desktop app for one account and web app in a browser for the other in order to prevent conflicts and corruptions in the future.

Regards,  

Burak V.

View solution in original post