Issue with team channel creation and SharePoint folder

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I've just noticed a small problem with teams creation and wondering if this is affecting anyone else.

We have an automated process that creates a project channel under each of our main client teams, each of the project channels get pre-populated with a folder structure, using power automate.

But it now seems this process is failing as the folder that gets created with a channel is no longer being created at channel creation stage, it only seems to appear when i open the channel and go into the files tab, it doesn't show in SharePoint at all until I do this.

Its a pretty big issue for my company as all our projects have pre-populated template folder structures that they need access too.

Is anyone else seeing this happen? I had a similar thing happen when creating a main team that the general folder wasn't being created until you went into the files, this resolved itself after putting a delay in and posting a message. But this still doesn't seem right.

7 Replies

@amelsom1985 

Hi, is this still an issue for you may I ask please?

@PeterRising 

I'm having this issue....

@BenGur 

This is still an issue with us as well, the only way round it I've found is to create the folder first with the same name as the team, and then create the team making sure the names match exactly teams then picks up the folder. 

I've experienced the same problem the last month.

Hi
i dont have this issue, but Im searching for how i can manage to manage to do the automated process that you allready have: Can you help me or point me in the direction where i can read more about how to make it?
that creates a project channel under each of our main client teams, each of the project channels get pre-populated with a folder structure,

To day i must copy in all files by hand when making a new customer channel in teams.
Teams has been slow and odd for a few weeks now. That said, we've learned that we have to put in delays in most of our power automate flows to allow the previous actions to fully propagate in M365. Sometimes they're just a minute, sometimes we add 3-5 minute buffers.
I just spent two weeks building a power app that allows users to select a site, manually enter a new channel name, the flow then creates the channel and should then at the press of another button create folders, but this wont work until someone pressed the "files" tab? Any other way to activate this? Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this?