Issue with Microsoft Teams through Proxy

Copper Contributor

Hello,

We using explicit proxy web gateway with PAC file, the internet working normally but Microsoft Teams very slow to open, drops calls etc.

Need to know there is anyway pass proxy settings directly to Teams.

Appreciate your support

Thanks

3 Replies
Hi,

You ideally don't want to be going through any proxy for Teams or any M365 service for that matter.

However it bypassing the proxy is not an option, take a look at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/proxy-servers-for-skype-for-business-online

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

Hi 

Thank you for your reply

Did you know how to let the teams only not use the proxy.

Thanks

Hi @moudmm ,

Been a while since I dealt with Proxies, that being ISA/TMG when I did.

I don't think it is a normal way to go with proxies in terms of excluding an app, certainly nothing I am aware of within the Teams client to facilitate that.

So that brings us back to the proxy and to me the answer being, you will need to determine the URLs, IPs and Ports that are called as part of the Teams application, which can be found somewhat in the URL I provided previously and other Microsoft documentation. You would then exclude this in the PAC and that would effectively be excluding Teams.

Not sure what proxy you are using but another way to work this out, would be to do a trace, specify an internal IP and monitor what traffic gets generated as part of say a Teams call and use that to build up your exclusion list.

Thanks

Henry