Issue loging into a Teams tenant where I am invited

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

I'm having a problem which bothers me a lot! I can login to Teams on my Organization, but I can't join a tenant where I am invited. I correctly reveived the invitation email, I correctly see that the tenant has been added to Teams in the right top corner, with notifications in it, but whenever I click on it, it tries to login but fails each time, both on the client app, and the web app. After all, I have to login again to my own organization.

Another problem I'm having, is that I created a Microsoft account with my professional email adresse, BEFORE having O365. So with the same email address, I now have 2 accounts: one with O365, one "personal". It's SO annoying because some app needs the O365 one, and some app works with the personal one (like some Excel Sheets shared).

How can I merge the 2 accounts, and stop this mess?! I already tried what was said online (to rename it...etc.) but still doesn't work, and still having access issues with some files. I guess the issue with Teams comes from it as well. Another example, I couldn't create this login on my professional one, I had to click on the personnal one...so stupid!

Please help, I'm getting very angry about Microsoft on this point.

Thanks,

Thomas

2 Replies

@ThomasKJ 

A friend also had the issues with the personal and business account. We have solved the issue by deleting the personal one. (Not sure how we achieved it, but it took some time.)

@Nico Weber Thanks for your reply!

I'm getting really crazy! Now I tried to login with my account here, and now it's taking the professional account... I renamed the old account, but in some ways, it's still linked to my professional email address as I got an error message saying "Your email profesional@email is linked to the account with following username renamed_account@outlook.fr"!

Still having issue joining an organization on Teams where I'm a guest, plus I can't login anymore to AzureDevOps because it's searching for my personal account and not my professional one.

Any idea others?