Is there any way for a user to add their cell number to their profile and have it show up to others?

Steel Contributor

With everyone working from home these days, we've had requests for people to have a place they can put their cell phone numbers so everyone else can see them.  We use Teams for all communication so having it show up in there would be ideal.  Many of our users don't have a cell phone number in their profile which brings me to two questions:

1) Is there a way for a user to go to somewhere and enter in their own cell phone number or does an Admin have to do that from the back end.

2) If someone has a cell number in the O365 portal, does that information show up anywhere in Teams or anywhere else someone can see it?

When I check out a user in the Office admin portal I can find someone with a Mobile Phone filled out.  However, when I find that user in Teams, I don't see anywhere that shows that information.  Is it in there somewhere and I'm looking in the wrong place or does it not show up anywhere?

Thanks!

5 Replies

@Mike Boehm I have this same issue. We want the users VOIP main phone to show but also their cell. Have you received help on this question yet? 

Cynthia 

@Mike Boehm yes please let us know. I have been hunting for this setting for some time now.

I haven't been able to find any way to make this work.  :(

@Mike Boehm If you are using the Office 365 services, You could direct your users to Delve  which is a sort of Contact system that is scabbed on the side of Office and Azure AD. In that portal is an option to "Add mobile" . They can get to the same place by logging into OWA and choosing "My Office profile" from their avatar.

They can also update most of their own info from the Office Portal in the "Contact details" section.

Please note that it may take several hours for the changes to be applied. The synchronization from Office to Azure is supposed to happen every 4 hours but I have seen it take overnight.

@Forrest Hoffman Yes users have updated information multiple numbers show in contact card in Skype not in Teams. It uses only the work number field in exchange and Azure (the main phone number in AD).

Cynthia