SOLVED

Is there an "easy" way to show Teams cards on the intranet home page?

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi all,

I was wondering of there's an ootb or "easy" way to show Teams cards (here: Praise bot cards) on a classic SharePoint intranet home page. I've gotten requests from Teams that would like to show praise from a central Team/Channel on our intranet home page and I'm looking for your input.

Thanks a lot in advance.

4 Replies
No ootb solution! It might be possible with some dev work, but i leave that to someone who knows the API’sbetter

Adam
Hi guys,

@Yannick Reekmans and @Rick Van Rousselt may know more about this. Linking them in here!

Best, Chris
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

I don't think there is an out-of-the-box or even an easy way to do this.

If this is a make-or-break functionality and development is an option, probably this would be my approach/architecture:

1. Create an Azure Function that runs on a timer and uses List channel messages and Get channel messages delta to fetch the latest messages, and filter on "Praise Bot" (there is no change notification/webhook support). Downside: this would be limited to a specific channel, you can't get all messages for a user/bot through Microsoft Graph.

2. For a Group connected site: use the Connector webpart and let the Function post as a Adaptive Card

3. For a Classic/Non-group connected site/Communication site: create an SPFx web part that can accept this data and present it

It's not the best experience...

Thanks a lot for your responses guys, that gave me some helpful pointers that I can follow up on.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

I don't think there is an out-of-the-box or even an easy way to do this.

If this is a make-or-break functionality and development is an option, probably this would be my approach/architecture:

1. Create an Azure Function that runs on a timer and uses List channel messages and Get channel messages delta to fetch the latest messages, and filter on "Praise Bot" (there is no change notification/webhook support). Downside: this would be limited to a specific channel, you can't get all messages for a user/bot through Microsoft Graph.

2. For a Group connected site: use the Connector webpart and let the Function post as a Adaptive Card

3. For a Classic/Non-group connected site/Communication site: create an SPFx web part that can accept this data and present it

It's not the best experience...

View solution in original post