SOLVED

Is there a way to automatically create a folder structure when creating new team?

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I have a folder structure that I replicate into the "File" (SPO document library) everytime I create a new specific Team.

Is there a way to automate this process, so that when I create a team, a copy of this folder structure (which are just 3 subfolders) gets created?

Thank you

4 Replies
best response confirmed by ruka (Brass Contributor)
Solution
This can be done with Power Automate. Although you need som trigger for this when a team is created. Normally this is done when you create new teams from a provisioning workflow with the teams themselves.

Adam
Since there is not a PowerAutomate trigger that detect when a new Team has been created or when a Channel within a Team has been created, another option you might have here is to automate the folders creation via code (Azure Functions, PowerShell Script automated in Azure)

@adam deltinger thanks.

your reply triggered good search content for me. I haven't thought about provisioning the team automatically. I was always thinking that the user would create the team.

This article seems to do a lot of what I need.

https://deltingercom.wordpress.com/2019/02/21/an-example-of-a-teams-provisioning-workflow/

@adam deltinger 

Could you provide more detailed information?  As our files and folders continue to grow, finding the specific file I need has become a challenge.  Is there a method to establish a structured data tree to enhance navigation and make locating the right file more efficient?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ruka (Brass Contributor)
Solution
This can be done with Power Automate. Although you need som trigger for this when a team is created. Normally this is done when you create new teams from a provisioning workflow with the teams themselves.

Adam

View solution in original post