SOLVED

Is TEAMS SHIFTS export schedule now restricting to only 45 days of data?

Brass Contributor

Hi everyone,

Just found out today when trying to export my TEAMS SHIFTS schedule that the period available to export is now restricted to 45 days. Is this something permanent?

karlbg_0-1613588164487.png

We use SHIFTS for our vacation calendar and need to export the whole year on a regular basis to update our excel version that is sent in email. Is there another way to get over this 45 days restriction?

Thanks.

12 Replies

@karlbg Hi, I don't use Shifts (or work with it) but don't think the 45-day limit is something new. Are you saying you previously been able to export schedules for a longer time period? You can probably use the Graph API for Shifts. But can't say more than that as I haven't used it myself.

@ChristianBergstrom I've been able to export the SHIFTS schedule (whole year period) for over a year until a few days ago.

I understand that MS is constantly changing and improving TEAMS but this one is a huge drawback for us. Can't really understand the limitation as the data is readily available on the screen but not for export.

If someone could provide the rationale behind this.

Thanks for your reply.

Hi @karlbg @ChristianBergstrom 

We are in the same situation, we have been downloading a full year at a time to review the working patterns. Now having to download in 45 day chunks which is very time consuming.

Please can someone update as to if this is a temporary issue ?

Or if there is another way to download the shifts into a full year?

Thanks

Nadine 

@karlbg 

We Have been using teams shifts for almost a year and exporting the data for a full calendar year to calculate time off and Holidays.

the limit to 45 days has only been turned on this week.

This limit is very unhelpful.

Is it possible to return to the old option. ASAP please as we near year end this information is vital for all our business to ensure correct time off is calculated.

I look forward to your replies.

@ChristianBergstrom 

We Have been using teams shifts for almost a year and exporting the data for a full calendar year to calculate time off and Holidays.

the limit to 45 days has only been turned on this week.

This limit is very unhelpful.

Is it possible to return to the old option. ASAP please as we near year end this information is vital for all our business to ensure correct time off is calculated.

I look forward to your replies.

@Mbeeson Hi, you should reach out to the official support for a proper answer to what you're experiencing with the decrease of export time period. Your IT admin can assist with that.

@karlbgpreviously we were able to extract 12 months of data from MS Shifts, on Thursday 18th 2021 this seems to have been now been reduced to 45 days which is a issue for us as we would need need to export data monthly across a large amount of teams. I have lodged a ticket to support in relation to matter also.

@ChristopherSchmidt Thanks. I've done the same by lodging a ticket to our IT support. Will ask them to bring it to MS if needed. Maybe this limitation can be changed by an admin internally. Fingers crossed.

@karlbg 

Hi did you get an answer on this? This new restriction has really screwed my shift/vacation planning.

@GaryGoals 

The 45 day limit has not been helpfull.

They are still looking into it.

we are having to do month by month into a spreadsheet and using lookup.

Hopefully it will be returned to a whole year for export or a holiday etc calculation added to shifts.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@GaryGoals The official response we had from MS is that is this now by design and if we want the feature back to submit the request through https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/. 

Thank you for updating this conversation. Sorry to hear about the 45-day now being by design.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@GaryGoals The official response we had from MS is that is this now by design and if we want the feature back to submit the request through https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/. 

View solution in original post