SOLVED

Is it possible to connect a Team to a different SharePoint site than it was created with?

Brass Contributor

One of my users have conntected the wrong SharePoint site to their team. Is it possible to switch somehow?

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Tonje Waasjø (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Short answer - No.

Did they enable Teams for an existing group connected SharePoint site? Or did they create a completely new Team (which has then created a completely new SharePoint site)?

That was what I thought @Rob Ellis

They used an existing SharePoint site, but the wrong one...

So is the 'right' SharePoint site a group connect one? If so, you could just enable that for Teams.

You would then need to work out who needs to be members of each of the 2 Teams, and move / copy any data between the SharePoint sites if necessary.

@Tonje Waasjø as @Rob Ellis said, no you can't disconnect a SharePoint site from a Team/Group and replace it. Each Team is one group and has one SharePoint site.

I told them that they had to move their stuff and rebuild on the teams groupsite. Thanks for your help! @Rob Ellis 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Tonje Waasjø (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Short answer - No.

Did they enable Teams for an existing group connected SharePoint site? Or did they create a completely new Team (which has then created a completely new SharePoint site)?

View solution in original post