Is it possible to add a channel from another organization to my organization?

Copper Contributor

I work at one branch of a statewide organization. We are working on a project with another branch  that is a few hundred miles away. We both use teams for in-office communications. The only thing we have been able to figure out for now is that one of us sets up a channel and adds the other to our organization as a guest. The problem with that is that I have to switch teams to my guest account and if anyone from inside my organization messages me, I do not receive notifications. Is there a way to add that channel to my organization so that I get messages from the other office and my own organization?Thanks!

3 Replies
I think you meant Teams, but unfortunately it's not possible Today...you always need to make the tenant switching to access Teams where you have been added as guest

@Juan Carlos González Martín Thanks for the response. Hopefully that is something that will be possible in the future or at least the ability to receive notifications from all connected organizations at once. I'm very forgetful so I never remember to switch between the two so I've missed quite a few conversations since making the switch to teams. 

Look into using a 2nd browser to have up and have switched to the guest tenant. That's what I do with my Microsoft Tenant teams and have my Teams client on home tenant. You can also look into meetfranz.com which is a client that'll load with your computer and basically login via web interface to your guest tenant, you will get alerts etc.