SOLVED

Internal Skype users cant call teams users following migration

Brass Contributor

Hi All.  I have a strange issue.  I have just migrated a pilot group from Skype on-prem to Direct routing in teams.  The tenant is configured in hybrid mode and the global upgrade settings are set to  'meetings first'. I last night moved the pilot users that were homed on SfB and set them to 'Teams Only' with direct routing configured for calls.  They are now having issues communicating with internal users. PSTN functionality is fine and calls can be made in and out but when an internal skype user calls they are unable to answer and are given the message that the call is from a skype user and skype is needed to answer the call...   Is this a replication timing issue in that the changes were only made at around 6pm last night and that some functionality is yet to be available as it is still within the 24 hour waiting period that is required when making changes...   i have not had this issue before,  

2 Replies

Hi @BenRooke ,

On the point where you mention:

"when an internal skype user calls they are unable to answer and are given the message that the call is from a skype user and skype is needed to answer the call"

Is the calling user Teams only as if not and SfB then I would not expect them to be able to call someone that is Teams only and the recipient would be expected to be in SfB to. Ignore me if the caller is Teams Only too.

Thanks

Henry

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@BenRooke sounds very much like a replication delay, it can take over a day sometimes, seems to depend on what else is happening in the service.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@BenRooke sounds very much like a replication delay, it can take over a day sometimes, seems to depend on what else is happening in the service.

View solution in original post