SOLVED

insights tab - how to get this showing up for all teams through admin

Steel Contributor

Hi all,

Was wondering if someone can help, this morning I added the insight app into the global policy for all to get the insight tab: 

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 3.22.57 PM.png

They don't seem to have it? Is it a case of waiting 24 hours? I want this to appear: 

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 3.25.16 PM.png

Please help!

8 Replies
best response confirmed by AB21805 (Steel Contributor)
Solution
Hi @AB21805

It can take up to 24 hours. I would periodically check back by logging in and out to the Teams Desktop App. In my own personal experience, most turn up 4-8 hours after adding it to an app setup policy and then it is a case of logging out and back in. You may also want to check periodically in the web app at teams.microsoft.com

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris
Thank you! I’ll keep checking.

Hi @Christopher Hoard 

After checking a staff members log in, they have said it appears although its on the left panel not as a tab within the team itself? Any idea how I can get this to appear there too. 

Currently only here: 

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 6.31.15 PM.png

Thanks in advance

Hi @Christopher Hoard 

Im also getting this error on my staff test account when accessing the insight app on the left panel 

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 7.28.54 PM.png

Any ideas? Sorry for all the questions! 

Hi @AB21805

Yeah, app setup policies in the Teams admin centre add the app to the app bar on the left hand rail and is typically used for personal apps.

I would have said you could look to use the new teams template functionality for adding the tab automatically to newly created teams: however looks like you are using an Education Tenant and templates aren't supported in EDU just yet. Looks like on this one you'll need to go and manually add it as a tab to the teams at this current time :(

Best, Chris

Hi @Christopher Hoard 

Thanks for clearing this up. What about the permissions as i get this on accounts:

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 7.28.54 PM.png

@Christopher Hoard 
Hi Chris I have read ur replies and they are informative.

My issue is that when I search insights in apps or in tabs I am not getting this feature like the insights feature is not even showing up. Can you please help me? Attached is the photo. 

Shahvaiz_Khan_0-1622640311834.png

@Shahvaiz_Khan

Reach out to your IT administrator and ensure that the Insights App in the Teams Admin Centre is

a.) Enabled in Manage Apps
b.) Permitted within your Apps Permission Polcy

If it is enabled and permitted it will show up

Best, Chris
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AB21805 (Steel Contributor)
Solution
Hi @AB21805

It can take up to 24 hours. I would periodically check back by logging in and out to the Teams Desktop App. In my own personal experience, most turn up 4-8 hours after adding it to an app setup policy and then it is a case of logging out and back in. You may also want to check periodically in the web app at teams.microsoft.com

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

View solution in original post