Increase the number of pinned chats allowed

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I find pinning Chats in Teams to be a very handy feature.

However, I have about 12 people in my direct team, along with a manager and other individuals I chat with regularly...and, the limit in Teams is set to 15...which I have maxed out.

Is it possible to increase this number or to remove the limit completely?

15 seems a bit arbitrary.

Thanks!

10 Replies

Hi @sammedley 

I don't know the reason for a limit, however if you want to make your suggestion so that the product group see it please use the feedback portal at https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/forum/ad198462-1c1c-ec11-b6e7-0022481f8472

Hello! Actually, the same limit is on amount of pinned channels. It looks weird really! I'm an engineering manager who works with many chats everyday (like, 10+ new chats daily) and some of them are more important than others, but they flip around and it really makes me crazy. I know, that the golden rule is to "limit work in progress", but I don't want software to make this decision for me... So, I want to ask MS team as well: Please, remove the limit.

Hi @Anton_Yarkov . I found like half solution. You can add your contact to favorites, and if you change upper dropdown from chat to contacts , it will show you also the favorites .

Hello Steven,
It looks like there are many different posts in the feedback portal about this specific issue, with a lot of interest, but I haven't seen a response from MS to date. Do you know if it's being worked on?

Regards,
Here Here! Please remove the limit.

agreed, please remove, or at least let us group contacts together in a pinned folder or something. I have multiple teams I work with. Each with multiple people. if there were a pinned folder for team A where I could drag the members into it and a folder for team B, that would be awesome.

I agree!
We have a lot of different topics that each has a designated chat, and it's much easier for me to access them from the pinned tabs.
Please add an option to increase the limit to a value that we choose.
Thanks!!

@Andre_Juha That sounds like a nice temporary solution, but when you have groups of people in chat that I want to pin to get to easier, I can't do that with contacts. So changing the limit from 15 ultimately is a better solution, but "thank you" for you solution in the meantime. However, I don't believe the contact view will get highlighted when someone sends me a chat, but I have yet to experience it since I just made the change.... more to be revealed. Thank you again.

@Steven Collier. Thanks for link, but doesn't seem like it's directly related to this problem. Do you have an existing feedback post that you already have? The redundancy or trying to find something is a bit cumbersome. I'd rather continue comments in an existing thread. Yes? No? Seems more efficient in the bigger picture. We should be able to set out own number of how many pins we want to have. We should also be able to have groups of pins. Like meeting pins, group pins, individual pins and have a sort option too. I like though that I can move things around in the order I want, but a quick sort would be nice too. Thank you.