Incorrect Colours in Microsoft Teams App on Mac

Copper Contributor

Hi, not sure if anyone else is getting this issue but the colours seem to have got messed up on Microsoft Teams on my mac.  It doesn't matter which theme I select, the bar on the left-hand side is the wrong colour (light grey or black), and the text is not that clear. I've also tried to delete and reinstall Teams and remove the cache files, but this still does not work.  Also played with all the settings such as enabling and disabling GPU mode.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Nick

4 Replies
This light theme is an intention global setting change for Teams by Microsoft.
Wasted 30 minutes this morning trying to figure out what had happened. It's horrible. I can't get used to it.

@NickMyers 

The new light grey background is normal (see here: https://appletld.com/microsoft-teams-fluent-design-ui-update-rolling-out-to-users/ ) and to be honest I like it better than before. But if you experience jaggy and unclear text rendering, check if  you accidentally selected "Open in Low Resolution" in the applications "Get Info" dialog.

1. Quit the app.
  2. Open the Applications folder.
  3. Click the app once to select it, then choose Get Info from the File menu.
  4. From the Get Info window that opens, deselect the checkbox labeled ”Open in Low Resolution.” 
  5. Close the Get Info window and open the app again.
  6. Enjoy crispy clear font rendering

@Andreas_Hanhas anyone been getting scrambled parts of teams like this? if so, any recommendations. 

Jamesb2339_0-1626183555133.png