Incoming call on both laptop and mobile at same time

Copper Contributor

This happened to me multiple times. 

I was discussing some issues with my teammates on Microsoft teams on the laptop.

While chatting, my teammate called me, and I got an incoming call on both mobile and laptop.

I think this is a bug.  Preference to be given to laptop, if online on both registered devices.

This issue was observed on mobile having android's latest version(recently updated).

Microsoft Teams Version 1.4.00.22472 (64-bit). It was last updated on 31-08-2021.

Please fix this.

I have related posts by some users also.

Choose which devices recieve teams calls - Microsoft Tech Community

Thanks

4 Replies
Well i will not see it as a bug for take a similar situation where you have same phone numbers in 2 different devices, what do you think will happen if someone calls you ?
I agree. If it were to ring a couple of times at the desk and then the mobile, it would be too long and the caller would hang up.
First registered device > laptop - (first preference) >>Notify for an incoming call if online.
Second reg device > mobile (android/iphone) > If online on laptop send call notification to laptop, else send incoming call notification on second reg device laptop.
Third reg device > mobile (android/iphone) > If online on laptop send call notification to laptop, else online on second device, send incoming call notification on second reg device, else send incoming call notification on third reg device.

hope this will answer your question.
I have submitted the idea to the feedback portal, so you vote for it.
https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/2e643d05-ac4c-ec11-a819-0022484f395d

Thanks!