SOLVED

inaccessible stop control in Live Event

Copper Contributor

As a presenter, after requesting control of a shared desktop, I am able to control the shared computer (advancing the PowerPoint deck, etc.)

To get the menu that allows me to choose "Stop Control", I have to move the cursor to the edge of the desktop (either the sides or top, not the bottom.)  Unfortunately, as I move the cursor to select "Stop Control" the menu often disappears or is in a state where selecting menu options doesn't work.

Is there a keyboard shortcut or other procedure that would allow me to stop control without a different presenter requesting control?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @andersonj ,

You could try 

Go to sharing toolbar

Ctrl+Shift+Space

Thanks,

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

This introduced the option to stop control on the computer whose content was being shared.  That option is helpful, but not what I had hoped for.  

I did find that as a presenter the toolbar would remain open if I picked another content source (a webcam.)  Then I could stop control and return to the shared screen content of the PowerPoint deck.

Thanks for getting me closer!

John

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

Your answer was better than I originally thought.  Ctrl-Shift-spacebar does not work for the presenter until the presenter clicks away from the content being shared (like the webcam I mentioned earlier.)  In other words, you have to let your computer know that the keyboard shortcut is for your computer, not the one you're controlling.

Thanks again.

John

Hi @andersonj ,

Glad to have helped. Yeah the shortcuts are definitely contextual.

Thanks

Henry

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @andersonj ,

You could try 

Go to sharing toolbar

Ctrl+Shift+Space

Thanks,

Henry

View solution in original post