SOLVED

impossible to add member of private channel

Copper Contributor

Hello.

I'm trying to add member of private channel.

I go to my private channel and add member of private channel.

When I type any any word, it shows that there is no matching result even there are team member of general channel.

So I tried to add new member of team, but it works.

Is it bug? or I missed something?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by jmha-vadas (Copper Contributor)
Solution
So when you add a new member to a team it work. And when you try to add that member to a private channel, in which you are an owner, it doesn't?
Have you tried to create a new team, create a new private channel in that team and try the adding there? Does it work in other teams / to somebody else in your organization?

Just trying to figure out if this is something to do with a team or user.. Or should you create a support ticket with Microsoft..

@Vesa Nopanen 

Thank you for the answer.

After i saw your answer, i tried to create a new team, create a new private channel in this team, of course im the owner of that team and channel, both were created. However, adding a team member to private channel still doesn't work.

But i found something.

All things that i did were tried in teams windows application. When i tried to add a team member to a private channel not in the application, but in the ms office 365 manage center(?) (i dont know how to say it exactly because what i see is in korean) in the website, it worked!!! Maybe there is some errors in the windows application.

Anyway, i found a way to add members to private channel.

thank you.

I am glad you sorted it out! The name you are after is "Admin Center".

Perhaps your Teams client hasn't been updated properly. I recommend that you do a uninstall and then reinstall it. It is the fastest way to fix client issues and since everything is in the cloud -> you only need to sign in to get back to speed.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jmha-vadas (Copper Contributor)
Solution
So when you add a new member to a team it work. And when you try to add that member to a private channel, in which you are an owner, it doesn't?
Have you tried to create a new team, create a new private channel in that team and try the adding there? Does it work in other teams / to somebody else in your organization?

Just trying to figure out if this is something to do with a team or user.. Or should you create a support ticket with Microsoft..

View solution in original post