Icebreaker Bot: Can it customize the pairings to be from 2 different teams or 2 different lists?

Copper Contributor

I am super excited to learn about the Icebreaker bot app for my organization, especially after watching Tom Morgan's video on how to set it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkoLT3MEtZg 

However, Im wondering if there is anyway I can customize the "random" pairing to pair people from 2 different teams instead of pairing people from the same team? For example, Can it pair a person from the sales team with a person from the client care team and alternate the pairings based on this requirement? If so, how can it be done? 

Thanks so much in advance for your responses!!! :D 

1 Reply

Hi @melmehal 

I'm afraid I don't know the answer for Icebreaker, but our app CoffeePals has this feature. You can define your own groups (e.g. product-meet-marketing, mentors-meet-mentees...). You can include up to 5 people in each match group, in case 2 is too intimidating.

It's also much easier to set up and maintain than Icebreaker. One-click install here. Happy to answer any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to support@coffeepals.co :smile: