SOLVED

I have 2 accounts under one email address

Copper Contributor
Is there a way to delete just my personal account and keep the organization? I have paid for the account but half of the options (ie calendar and crating a team) is in one account and the other options are in the other. If I delete the account I can’t use that email address for 90 days. I would like to fix this problem ASAP. If none of that is possible could I please just be able to use a paid for account on both?
1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hmm. You shouldn't have two accounts under a single email.
I would try one or more of the following:
- make sure you choose organization account option when you login to Teams. This is the easiest way usually, but you need to pay attention to which account you are signing into
- login to your personal account and try to add / change the primary alias. It should be possible via Outlook web. Or can you delete the personal account if you can not change the name.
- ask your company admin to change your company account a bit so you end up with different names for accounts

Usually it is not possible to have 1:1 account name & email in both personal and org. This was possible in the history and it caused all kinds of issues..

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hmm. You shouldn't have two accounts under a single email.
I would try one or more of the following:
- make sure you choose organization account option when you login to Teams. This is the easiest way usually, but you need to pay attention to which account you are signing into
- login to your personal account and try to add / change the primary alias. It should be possible via Outlook web. Or can you delete the personal account if you can not change the name.
- ask your company admin to change your company account a bit so you end up with different names for accounts

Usually it is not possible to have 1:1 account name & email in both personal and org. This was possible in the history and it caused all kinds of issues..

View solution in original post