I cannot sign into my account

Copper Contributor

Hello, I cannot sign into my account for Microsoft Teams at all. When I try on my browser, it says that it cannot sign me in. I downloaded Teams for my laptop and when I try on the desktop version, it says I am not on Teams yet, but I can set it up for an organization, and it then prompts me to sign up for Teams. I've already signed up for Teams. It also says if I'm already signed up then I should check my email for a link to start using teams, but there's no link. I tried contacting Microsoft support and they directed me here. Can anyone help me, please?

5 Replies

@mgbholden95  are you trying to create a free Teams account using one of your Hotmail, Outlook, or live accounts? if yes then go to this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/free?ms.officeurl=teamsfree&rtc=1 then signup for free and from below image select Teams which will create Skype account for you.

Pervaiz Dostiyar_0-1590173081008.png

if you are trying to use your company or organization's email account for Teams ask your IT department or if personal M365 account to check for Teams license being assigned to that user.

Thank you, but this does not help. I have never gotten that error message. I can't even get into teams in order to see that error message lol. I've already tried doing incognito browsing and everything else on that list and I still cannot get into my teams account.

I've already signed up for free. I have an account, but it won't let me access it. All it says is "We couldn't sign you in. Please try again." I also already have gone through the process of getting skype, but nothing happens. I haven't received any email to start setting up teams or anything of the sort like the teams application says I should have gotten. I would try to change my email for it, but I can't even access my account to do that.

I'm using this for an after school program.

@mgbholden95 Have you checked your junk email folder for the message? I just created a new Teams free and it went straight to junk mail. Are you using a personal Microsoft account? Does it work besides Teams (Outlook on the web for example)? Have you tried using another device/laptop? Same issue? Is it applicable to create a new free personal Microsoft account and set up a new Teams free?