SOLVED

I can't sign up for Microsoft Teams.

Deleted
Not applicable

I have tried to sign up for Microsoft Teams with my personal Microsoft account but it didn't work. This is what happens

• I go to teams.microsoft.com
  • The title of the site says "Microsoft Teams - error occurred"
  • It says "You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization"
  • I try to sign up
  • It says I already have an account so I click "Sign In"
  • The process repeats.

What do I do????????

24 Replies

Another tip is to use the browser's incognito mode which should disable any cached information.  I think that came from MS themselves, can't find where I saw it to verify.

teams login error.PNG

I'm having the same issue and can't find anywhere how to fix it. I wish microsoft would get a better customer service team.

Just wasted over an hour going around in circles trying to sort this and finally caved in using my business name even though I am not using it for business! Why can't MS just be upfront about wanting you to sign up as a business rather than individual. I have also had endless issues with other conflicts their cookies cause on other sites applications. I have three different MS accounts - one for me, one for son's shome schooling and one for a client who has setp my up on their system. Half my life now seems to be spent going round in the circle of hell of conflicting passwords, failed logins, contradictory messages ( you are not signed up, you are signed up etc). No wonder Melinda had enough. aaaaaarrgh!

It's June 2021 and this awful user experience is still an issue. I've spent the past hour in endless re-directs with the same results and no access using the Teams desktop app. Tried using the company option after seeing the suggestion here, but it  seems that one of my attempts to set up for personal use worked, but when I launch Teams I get the "You're not on Teams yet...Sign up for Teams" button.

It is Jan 2022 and I still have the same issue on my Ubuntu (v21.10) laptop. Fortunately I can use Teams website from my browser just fine but when I am using Teams App for Ubuntu I get this endless "Can't Sign-in" loop with following error message.

Session ID: cc98547a-3f9d-74bf-317c-15e526d49b5b
Error Code: AADSTS500014: The service principal for resource 'https://api.spaces.skype.com' is disabled. This indicate that a subscription within the tenant has lapsed, or that the administrator for this tenant has disabled the application, preventing tokens from being issued for it.

I have tried all various options suggested when it comes to allowing cookies from various Microsoft websites including skype.com above but with no luck. I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing Teams app on Ubuntu but with no luck! It seems like somewhere Teams app is hellbent upon logging to a particular corporate site/add-on that is no longer active. That is a lame design / bug - Teams should be able to recover after a failed log-in attempt and allow me the user to disconnect from the add-in/team's workspace that is no-longer active!

Any suggestions on how I can force Team App to go to its default state (I tried Alt, Control, Shift keys on startup of the app also but with no luck)? Or any other suggestions to get around this log-in problem or completely remove Teams app and all its configuration settings from my Ubuntu client? 

Thanks in advance.