SOLVED

I can't sign in to my Microsoft teams account from my PC when trying to use the app

Copper Contributor

Whilst I can sign in to my teams org from other tablets and PC's and incognito windows when i use the app the App claims I don't have access to my org. I have been struggling with this for several months in the hope that an update would resolve but so far nothing.

I have followed many instructions but still no luck, any advice would be appreciated, I am a small company with no IT dept to call upon. 

As I am a small company I would have no issue deleting the org if I knew I could start a new one from scratch if that is necessary.

Thanks in advance

9 Replies
Hi, I assume you’re using Teams free? Please tell us what troubleshooting steps has been made so far and attach the exact error message/screenshot.

@ChristianBergstrom  Hi there ! I have exactly the same problem. I'm using this community for the first time and don't really know the rules. Can I ask for your help on the similar issue ?

@ChristianBergstrom Thansk for you reply, The organisation I am trying to connect with I believe is a free account I have tried the following (several times)

• Deleting all cache files 

> > > %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage

> > > %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\databases

> > > %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\cache

> > > %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\gpucache

> > > %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\Indexeddb

> > > %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage

> > > %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\tmp

• Logging in via chrome incognito mode (successful)
  • Logging in Via firefox
  • Logging in via other computers / tablets (successful)
Hi, try either to completely remove the Teams desktop app and reinstall or do a ”hard reset” by removing everything located under %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams (copy this and paste via Start and hit enter.

@ChristianBergstrom 

Thanks for getting back to me again and I must apologize I missed those 2 items from my previous message, but I have tried both those steps previously without success.

So, only an issue using the Teams desktop app on your laptop no matter the troubleshooting, correct? Is it possible to use another computer with the desktop app installed to verify the behavior?

@ChristianBergstrom 

Yes, I can verify I can log in on another PC using the app (just checked). The only issue seems to be on my laptop I use for work, but I can get onto teams via incognito 

1 best response