SOLVED

I Can't join a Teams Meeting

Copper Contributor

I am trying to use the free version of Microsoft Teams to join the occasional Teams meeting invitation by Clients and colleagues.  In recent weeks I have been able to join Teams meetings by clicking the "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" click in the meeting invitation in my Outlook Calendar. 

I tried to join a meeting yesterday and it wouldn't let me join.  When I try to sign in to the Teams Windows App or Web App (using my Microsoft Account login and password) I get the following message. 

"Someone has already set up Teams for your organisation

Ask your admin to get you started with Teams, or set up another org in Teams using a different email address."

Problem is I am the only person in my organisation, I don't have an Admin or IT department its just me.  I am trying to sign in with my Microsoft Account email and password but keep getting stuck in this loop.  How can I break this loop so that I can sign in and use Microsoft Teams to join meetings I have been invited to.

Also with my Microsoft Account I only ever want to use my Personal Account when I sign in but at the sign in screen I am sometimes given the option to sign in to a "Work or School Account" or my Personal Account.  How can I find or reset the login details for my "Work or School Account" so that I can log in and see what is in that account?

Look forward to any guidance to help me with this issues.  Thanks.

7 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@finalyse-au Hi John, these are the most common scenarios for that message

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/troubleshoot/teams-sign-in/someone-has-already-setup...

Try using the InPrivate/Incognito mode and see what happens.

Sometimes the desktop client get "stuck" and you'll have to 'reset' the app by typing %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams via Start and remove the content in that folder.

Hi @ChristianBergstrom ,

Many thanks for your help.  I managed to remove Teams and then reinstalled and signed on with a new Microsoft Account and have got it working again.  Appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

@finalyse-au My pleasure, glad it got sorted!

@ChristianBergstromThank you! I was having trouble joining a Team invite link for a while and I believe it was because I setup my own org when making a work account. Deleting everything in the %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams\Cache seemed to fix the problem

@finalyse-au, I have the same issue! I am alone in my company, no IT-person.

Teams is an annoying prog. We use most of the time Zoom, but this client wants to use Teams.

I come into a loop and there's no way out.

restart, logout, re-download, etc. too difficult, complicated and no result 

My MS Account is seemingly not recognized

Can any one help me out?

If not it will indefinitely be removed from my computers

@ms13106winoffice365 we find that the easiest and most reliable method of joining Teams video meetings is to NOT login with any account and only use the "Open in this browser" option - then you get an option to add your display name.   There are many features (like backgrounds, etc) that are not avail in the web version, but its better that it actually works - the downloaded app has many glitches and problems, including restricting all attendees to be all using business MS accounts, or all personal accounts, not mixing.

@Cote_Business_Systems 

after update to windows 11, tried incognito mode in both edge and chrome browser but its going to login page only, this is a school class room link that has no login provided to students. if i use my personal office login, it does not work as well. Tried the app but still it doesnt work.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@finalyse-au Hi John, these are the most common scenarios for that message

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/troubleshoot/teams-sign-in/someone-has-already-setup...

Try using the InPrivate/Incognito mode and see what happens.

Sometimes the desktop client get "stuck" and you'll have to 'reset' the app by typing %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams via Start and remove the content in that folder.

View solution in original post