How To Use The Microsoft Teams Inspection App

Iron Contributor

In this Microsoft Teams tutorial, I demonstrate how to use the Microsoft Teams Inspection App. This is a sample app developed by Microsoft built on the Power Platform and it's intended to demonstrate the extensibility of Microsoft Teams when you use Microsoft Power Apps and Microsoft Power Automate and Dataverse to build solutions. This app is a fantastic and simple tool that can be used (for free with M365 licensing) to facilitate inspections, walkthroughs, etc. I've received a lot of questions and positive comments about this on since posting the tutorial on my channel and I look forward to hearing your thoughts about it. 

How To Use The Microsoft Teams Inspection App 

12 Replies
Thanks for posting
You're very welcome!

@LuiIacobellis 

Inspection apps, don't appears for my in my teams channel, can you help me?

There was a similar issue reported by multiple users this morning for another sample app (i.e. the Milestones App). When I started receiving these prompts this morning, I tested trying to install the Milestones app and it wasn't showing up in the Teams app store. I just tested again and can now see and add the app back in. I also noticed that this applied to other sample apps as well (i.e. inspection etc.) I am also unable to install the inspection app as of right now but, suspect it may become available again tomorrow.
You were right, the app came back the next day. Another action I did was to clear the microsoft teams cache.

@LuiIacobellis Hello! Great video, very helpful. Thank you.

In the beginning I forgot to integrate with the planner. I accidently choose: I'll set up later. How do I fix this? I already tried removing everything and removing the Inspections app. But then when I start all over it does not give me the pop-up anymore to integrate with the planner.

Is there a way to get this working?

Best regards,

Jimmy.

@Jimmy_van_Berkel when you add the app to a team, it also adds a tab called "Manage Inspections". In that tab is a settings button. If you click on it, you can setup planner integration. 

@LuiIacobellis 

Hi- thanks for the demo.  Love it! 

Question- Can I create a hub for the "manage inspection" portion of the app (held in a high level limited access team) and have underlying inspections sent to multiple teams from the hub source?  

we have multiple restaurants.  Id like to create the master inspection data/layout in the main owners team- and have seperate tabs in the restaurants team for managers to access the inspection sheet at the end of every month.  Possible?  Thanks in advance

after a bit of playing with the app- I see my goals of trying to adapt the app to my own bespoke inventory module is not going to work out.
Can you possibly recommend an inventory counting tool that can take my list/chart and populate it into a user friendly iphone/ipad screen where they simply add the count?
Great tutorial, thanks. I don't see the Manager Inspection tab in Teams so can't remove the sample inspections or change the questions. I've cleared the cache and restarted but no luck. Any ideas? I am a newbie.

@LuiIacobellis please tell me from the beginning, where to find the app, how to add it to my team, I cannot find it

@Johan5555 Unless I am mistaken it looks like this application has been archived / depreciated by Microsoft. It would be nice if there was some more documentation on it but it looks like a pet project that didn't get renewed.