SOLVED

💡 How to use Employee Ideas App in Microsoft Teams

MVP

NEW VIDEO N. 72

In this video tutorial, you’ll learn how to collect ideas from users within Microsoft Teams.

I’ll walk you through every capability of a Teams App provided by Microsoft for FREE in the apps store called Employee Ideas.

This App is built with Power Platform more specifically with Power Apps and allows users of an organization to submit ideas giving the ability to managers to select top ideas.

#Microsoft365 #Office365 #productivity #tutorial #Video #GiulianoDeLuca #PowerApps #Teams #MicrosoftTeams

https://youtu.be/MbZe9JjVMLA

In this video tutorial, you'll learn how to collect ideas from users within Microsoft Teams. I'll walk you through every capability of a Teams App provided by Microsoft for FREE in the apps store called Employee Ideas. This App is built with Power Platform more specifically with Power Apps and ...
15 Replies
So I had a play around with this and the piece I'm missing is when I'm viewing an idea, I'd like to be able to add a comment to the idea. This way I can view what others have said and then decide on my overall vote. It would also be nice to like a comment so if there was some really good feedback or point made that would impact the idea it would be good to show my support.

I can see that an idea is posted into the channel its associated with but there is no link to idea itself and though you can comment in the channel against the idea it seems an odd place to do this.

Its a good start but misses key functionality that would make it a good free solution. I'd also want to see the ability to at least move an idea through a basic process and even assign an idea for someone to review in this process.

Bit short of what I'd have expected.

Garry @ Spirax Sarco
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi @Garry,

thank you for your valuable feedback, you should submit your suggestions here:
https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/powerapps-docs/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=%22427cd16b-293b-3776-fe11-8...

@Giuliano De Luca Does this require any power apps licensing to work for user interaction? ?

@Giuliano De Luca 

Hi, 

I'd like to know how to export all the ideas from each campaign? We'll need to select the suitable ideas from employees, a list of ideas would be better for selection. 

Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks. 

I am also interested about how licencing goes?
Hi,
You can access the items (ideas) that you want directly from Dataverse
Hi,
Do you know how to remove the Manage Ideas Tab from certain users? Maybe team owners can see it only?

@Giuliano De Luca I added the app to a Team Channel for testing, but now can no longer add to other teams to create the portal for staff to use.  Is there a restriction to the number of times you can use this Employee Ideas app in MS Teams, is it a single use only?

Hi, no this app can be installed multiple times

Hi @Giuliano De Luca  is this app retired ? I am trying to add this app from Add tab option and this does not show up. 

kannank7_0-1683379876117.png

and when I try to install from apps menu, I get something went wrong message , how do i find out what is going on? can you help ? 

kannank7_1-1683379951157.png

@kannank7  I am having the same issue. But I installed it once and now can't install again.

@kannank7 @KateCBanyule this app is no longer available through the store but luckily it's an open source project that means you can install it in your organization following these steps:
https://github.com/microsoft/teams-powerapps-app-templates/blob/main/INSTALLATION.md

@Giuliano De Luca thank you so much for the link, you are the best !! 

Let me try to install the app using the instructions. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)