how to start my professional online yoga classes

Copper Contributor

Hey. My name is Ruchika Agarwal. I am a resident of Bhopal, India and a professional yoga teacher. Lately, due to pandemic reasons I am unable to take classes in my studio. I want to give my classes online to 40 students for at least 3 hrs daily and sometimes I give yoga sessions to corporate employees of more than 100 strength.

Kindly guide me if i can use free version or paid version. also i need assistance on how to pay and go live.

Regards,

Ruchika Agarwal

3 Replies

@Ruchika_Agarwal  It is better to take a yoga class in a training center with a person, instead of taking an online yoga training class, Mrs. If you want to become a better yoga teacher then you have to join yoga class.

https://www.oceanicyoga.com/100-hours-yoga-teacher-training-goa/

https://www.oceanicyoga.com/200-hour-yoga-teacher-training-goa-india/

https://www.oceanicyoga.com/yoga-course-details/ 

Starting professional online yoga classes can be a fulfilling endeavor. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you get started:

1. Qualify and Gain Experience:

• Ensure you have the necessary yoga certifications and qualifications. Most students prefer instructors with Yoga Alliance certification or equivalent.
  • Gain teaching experience through local classes, workshops, or one-on-one sessions to build your expertise and confidence.

2. Create a Business Plan:

• Outline your goals, target audience, and the types of yoga classes you want to offer (e.g., vinyasa, hatha, power yoga, etc.).
  • Determine your pricing structure, including single classes, packages, and subscription options.
  • Set financial goals and a budget for equipment and marketing expenses.

3. Set Up Your Online Space:

• Choose a dedicated and quiet space in your home for teaching. Ensure good lighting and a clean, clutter-free environment.
  • Invest in essential equipment, such as a high-quality webcam, microphone, and stable internet connection.
  • Consider using platforms like Zoom, Skype, or specialized yoga class platforms for hosting your sessions.

4. Legal and Insurance Considerations:

• Research local regulations and business licenses required for offering online yoga classes.
  • Consider liability insurance to protect yourself in case of accidents or injuries during your classes.

5. Develop Your Curriculum:

• Create a structured curriculum for your classes, including beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.
  • Design lesson plans, sequences, and themes for each class.
  • Adapt your teaching style to suit the online format, focusing on clear verbal cues and demonstrations.

6. Branding and Marketing:

• Design a professional website with information about your classes, schedule, pricing, and contact details.
  • Use social media platforms to promote your classes, share yoga tips, and engage with potential students.
  • Consider paid advertising on platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
  • Offer free introductory classes or workshops to attract initial students.