SOLVED

How to start a meeting for an entire channel on the fly?

Iron Contributor

I've looked and looked and figure there has to be a way to select a channel/team and start a meeting with just a click or two at most - haven't found it.   Seems logical that it would be easy to click on a channel and click on an icon that says meet now or invite group to meeting or instant meeting or some such thing - haven't figured out a way to do it that doesn't involve many steps.

So to be clear in Teams - I want to click on Teams in the left hand side, select a team/group/channel and click on more thing to allow an emergency meeting on the fly with that team/group/channel.

It seems like it would be a logical place to put that since you've already organized a group that has a common purpose.

4 Replies
There’s a little camera icon just below the new conversation pane in the posts tab!
This could also be moved for some to the upper right area in a channel

@adam deltinger Thanks! I must be in the wrong place because when I click in teams, under teams right hand icon 3 down just below activity and chat, after selecting teams,  in the chat area (right hand pane with general posts, files etc at the top), I click the camera icon in the bottom center of the pane and meet now - it has me in the meeting but doesn't invite the rest of the group.   There are suggested individuals but not the team.

best response confirmed by Boe Dillard (Iron Contributor)
Solution
They won’t get into the meeting automatically but in the channel and next to the channel name it’s noticeable that a meeting is going on! You can also from meeting call them in! Just @mention the team or channel that they should get into the meeting otherwise

Thank you so much!  I tested and it works.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Boe Dillard (Iron Contributor)
Solution
They won’t get into the meeting automatically but in the channel and next to the channel name it’s noticeable that a meeting is going on! You can also from meeting call them in! Just @mention the team or channel that they should get into the meeting otherwise

View solution in original post