SOLVED

How to silence the activity feed?

Copper Contributor

How do I silence the activity feed in Teams?  It provides nothing of value, but I can't find a way to get it stop notifying me of pointless things, like someone giving a thumbs up to a post somewhere.  It's doubly useless because the activity feed keeps pretending there's something I should know about even if I've obviously already seen whatever it wants to tell me about.  So if someone puts a reaction on a message in a chat with me, I have to open the activity feed to get the stupid thing to stop pretending there's some activity about which I need to know.  Since it's clearly broken, I need a way to get it to leave me alone.  But I can't find a way to get just the activity feed to be quiet.

6 Replies
I only want to silence the activity feed, not all channels. The activity feed is the useless one. I haven't found any notification settings that specify they affect the activity feed only.
It's in there, turn the "likes" and whatever off.

@ChristianJBergstrom 

I've already got "Likes and reactions" set to off.  That setting doesn't appear to have any effect anywhere.

That doesn't fix the root issue -- messages in the activity feed show as read if you were already in the chat where they occurred.

The same needs to happen for reactions.

@ChristianJBergstrom 

Agreed, the activity feed in Microsoft Teams is useless and redundant and a waste of productive time if you're managing notifications across Microsoft products.  You can turn each off I think, but the default behavior is a bit frustrating.

1 best response