:: How to share MS Teams Channel Posts to SharePoint? ::

Copper Contributor

Hi team,

I have a MS Teams Channel (Name of the Channel is - ABCD), as we know for every MS Teams channel we can also have a SharePoint Site linked to it. I have linked that as well.

When I post a message on my ABCD Channel, I want to see that post on my SharePoint site (i.e. Linked to that ABCD Channel).

I am not able to find the Posts on the SharePoint site. But am able to find all others like 

Home
Conversation
Documents
Notebook
Pages
Site Contents
Recycle bin

Q. How can I see these posts on the SharePoint?

Please help.

Regards,

Chandra

6 Replies

@CGovindarajula But why? The posts are in Teams and that's where you can get notified, reply, etc.

I guess if you really want to you could create a Power Automate Flow that picks up every message and then does something with it, but the only interactive experience will be in Teams.

@Steven Collier Thank You.

Frankly, I do not know the answer to you 'Why?' :)

Just a thought came and posted here. I agree, it may not be needed to have the posts on SharePoint. May be on Yammer, it will be useful..

@CGovindarajula @Steven Collier 

I know this is an old post - but am looking to take any announcement / news shared on teams channel to also automaticallty be on sharepoint. This way , we do not lose an archive of good presentation links , ;podcasts and any news article shared on teams channel. 

Is there a way to automatically share the information in teams channel / sharepoint and publish it in both places?

Thanks in advance

Arthi

Why??  So people who are using the Sharepoint site don't need to go back to Teams to view what people are posting.

It would be a useful webpart

@MardiCantwell Hi, I am also looking to do this, is it possible?  How?

The why is very simple, we have an internal teams channel/conversation, lets call it "whats new", were we post all new features and news of our projects for our internal employees. We want these entries to be replicated to a public sharepoint communication site with a "Whats New" news webpage that will be available to our customers with a simple link, without needing a teams account or any type of loggin.  That way we can keep the customers informed of new cool things without we needing to post twice (to the external site) and without exposing our internal information of other sharepoint sites, access or activities ocurring on our private teams/sharepoint.

Is this possible, or is there another better way to acomplish this that I am unaware of?

@perezboba I don't have an answer, but am looking to do the same thing.  We want a person that is part of a particular team to have to make an update/post once and have it flow to the company Intranet site.  This way again, not all users need access to the Team where the message originated.  This will make life easier for the admin to post such information without having to put in MS Teams and then put in an email and mail out and or login directly to SharePoint.

Any thoughts on how to do this?  

So.. following.